Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Car Trouble


We bought a brand new silver 2007 Toyota Yaris last October from the Toyota Dealership in Scottsdale. I really love that car...has good gas mileage (34 mpg on surface streets and 40 mpg on the highway)... lots of space my head and legs. Being tall, some cars are just uncomfortable to get into much less to drive.


This past weekend, I was going to the store....Got into the car, started the engine and lo and behold, the "Maintainance Required" light stayed on. Turned off the ignition, sat in the car a few seconds than turned it back on....Damn!!! The light came back on again....Crap!!! The car is only 6 months old and there is only about 4700 miles on it....I was pissed....checked the engine oil, checked the coolant level, batteries are okay.....What could be wrong? Couldn't find anything wrong...


I called the Toyota Dealership to make an appointment for them to look at the car. Am going in at 8:00 am tomorrow. The guy said it could be something really simple like a loose wire or something really complicated. So, I told my boss that I could be in either by 9:00 am tomorrow or not at all.....


We'll see.....Good thing that Arizona has a "Lemon" Law....

No comments: