Friday, April 6, 2007

"Akeelah & the Bee" - posted Feb 19, '07 on myspace


Last night Jim & I watched a movie called "Akeelah and the Bee". To tell you the truth, when Jim brought the movie home, I was not too keen on watching it. I thought it would be a boring movie...Boy, was I wrong.

The movie is about an 11 year old girl from a poor section of Los Angeles trying to win the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC. The little girl (don't know what her real name is) was very good. Angela Bassett ("How Stella Got her grove back") played her single mother and Laurance Fishburn ("Matrix") was her mentor.

It is amazing how she overcome all the obstacles. It shows that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. I would recommend this movie...it made me cry....

No comments: