Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Financial Controller?



That is the name on my office door... "Shirin Pergo, Financial Controller". What does Financial Controller means anyways? I guess I control the finances for the company I work for which is what my major workload is...but there are more to that title than what it means especially when you work for a small business..... Not only do I take care of the finances but I am also Human Resources, Supplier, Counselor, Janitor, Fix-it gal and all around goofer.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my job but there are times when I feel like I am no more than a maid.... You see, I work for 2 companies. One is a dental office and the other is a dental management software company. Each company have 3 owners. 2 of the owners from the dental office are also owners of the dental software company, whom were my customers when I worked at the bank. The 3rd owner of the dental office is the practising dentist there and the 3rd owner of the dental software company is the programmer. So, I actually have 4 bosses to take care of and pleased!!!

Sometimes I just have a hard time trying to please all 4 coz obviously they all have different personalities. They are great bosses and they do try to make sure that I am happy with my job but there are days when I feel like pulling my hair out....(my hair are almost all gray now and I attribute that to work...ha ha ha).

Aside from the 4 bosses, I also take care of the "welfare" of the other employees. Make sure that what they need are taken care of. Of course, no matter where you work, there is always office politics and it is my "job" to keep that at a minimal, hence the HR, Counselor, Peacemaker position....

I also do minor fix it around the office. Ever since I started working for the 2 companies, I've learned to change door locks, fix some of the equipments, install a door, wallpaper, paint...etc and that is how I have the Janitor & Fix-it gal title as well.....



Anyways, I have this little plaque (pictured above) that I hang by my desk. I feel that sometimes, coz I do take pretty good care of everyone at work, that they forgot my main job is Financial Controller and not everyone's maid. It is just a way for me to remind them that there are certain things that they can take care of themselves and not wait for me to do it for them.

All in all, I do love my job and I do like my co-workers and bosses. I just hope that they appreciate all the things that I do for them.....A little "thanks" sometimes means a lot more than money....to me at least....don't know about the rest of you out there.....

No comments: