Monday, April 9, 2007

13 year ago...


13 years ago today was Jim & my first date. I cannot imagine that it has been that long..how time fly!!! It was a late Friday afternoon when Jim picked me up at my apartment and we went to see "Four Weddings & a Funeral" (Hugh Grant & Andie McDowell). After the movie, we went to McDonald's which was in the same parking lot as the movie theater. What can I say...Carbondale is such a small town that McD's was one of those that stayed open late besides Denny's (which was on the other side of town)...


I was so nervous I almost cancelled the date. I've never really gone on a date with a "Mat Salleh" before so I wasn't reallly sure what to expect...Will he like me? What to wear? What am I going to talk about? etc....I guess I didn't have to worry much coz we were at McD's for hours....They even had to kick us out coz it was closing time!!! I guess when you have things in common, the conversation is not an issue...

The picture to the right was taken about 2 months after our first date. That was our first picture together and I actually keep it in my wallet (more to remind myself that I was a lot thinner than then I am now...waaaaa). My roommate at the time had graduated and moved back to Malaysia so Jim helped me move from the 2 bedroom apartment I shared with my roommate to the studio apartment upstairs. I think my friend, Nida, took that picture.... p/s Jim really didn't like that hair cut...too short for him...Like most men, he loves long hair.
Anyways, today on our "first date" anniversary, we will watch "Four Weddings & a Funeral". It has become kinda of a tradition for Jim & myself, though we do not go to McD's afterwards...he he he. Every year we would watch the movie on our anniversary.

I guess I'll cook something special tonight...not sure what yet. Jim really loves pizza so maybe I'll make some tonight. I do have to say that I make pretty damn good pizza!!!

Well, I guess it's time for me to go downstairs and watch the movie....Here's to many more years together honey....I love you very much!!!

No comments: