Sunday, December 30, 2007

Phew!!!!

My goodness!!! Where do I begin? It has been a busy busy couple of weeks for me.

First, on December 18th, Jim did his angiogram at the hospital. Got off work early so that I can be at the hospital with him. I was a nervous wreck!!! Luckily, the nurse said that everything looks fine. We didn't get to see the doctor coz he had an emergency surgery to attend to at the hospital. Jim had to rest for the next 7 days so that the spot where they insert the "thingy" (I don't know what it's called) into his artery could heal properly. Jim has a follow-up appointment on December 28th with the doctor... *Err, for those of you who don't know what an angiogram is...It's where they put a camera/something thru the artery in your thigh and go up into your heart to see if there is any blockage.

Then, December 20th was Aidil Adha. I had to work that day since I was going to be off on Christmas eve and the day after Christmas. Obviously, being in the US, the raya atmostphere was zilch. Just as well coz that was the last week for the dental office where I work was open. So, I tried to finish as much as I can that week.

After that, of course was Christmas...We were over at Jim's parents' on Christmas eve to exchange gifts... Remember that surprise gift I got for Jim? Now that Christmas is over I can tell you what I got for him. It was a plaque with a signed picture of Gale Sayers. Those of you who don't know who Gale Sayers is.... He is one of Jim's favorite football (American football to those of you outside the US) player. He used to play for the Chicago Bears when they won the Super Bowl in 1985. I'm glad Jim really like the gift. It is now waiting to be hung in our computer room where all his sports memorabilia are...

Christmas day, we were over at my sister in law's from about 1pm till about 10pm. We played a game called ..err you know what... I forgot the name of the game!!! But it's a game where you answer these questions and the other players try to guess what your answer/opinion is. Jim won... Then, the rest of the night we did karaoke. I was really pleasantly surprise to find out that my mother in law has a very nice singing voice. Yours truly croaked like a toad singing for the rain...;-) I admit, I can't sing a lick, even if my life depends on it...LOL

I had the day after Christmas off but I didn't do much of anything, just tried to recover from all the food that I consumed on Christmas eve and day. I was a total PIG!!! No wonder I had a tummy ache all day long...

Thursday & Friday was back at work, this time for the software company I work for. Since it was the last 2 days of the year for me, I tried to finish everything that I can. Boy, it was hectic... I'm still reeling from all the numbers that I had to work out on those 2 days. Oh, on Friday morning, I chatted with Abg Id & his family on Yahoo. Nice chatting with you guys..;-)

Also, on Friday Jim had his follow up appointment for his angiogram results. The appointment was supposed to be at 3pm so I got off early from work to take him to the appointment. When we got there, the receptionist said that they don't have his appointment on the computer. Boy, we were pissed. They managed to squeeze him in between patients but we had to wait for 1 1/2 hours before he was called in. Even then, I waited for another hour and a half hours in the waiting room before he was done. I was in a bad mood by then but was really glad that Jim is okay.

Hemm, I'm having the in laws over on New Year's day. Am trying to decide what to make. They usually like it when I make Malaysian dishes. I'm thinking of making kurma ayam along with papadum. Haven't made that for awhile now. Am also thinking of making my mom's speciality...daging hitam manis. It would compliment the kurma very well tho I could never make it quite the way my mom did... Which reminds me, I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow...

Well, I better finish tidying up the house.... but before I go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! Please be safe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pheeuwwwh! Very hectic! You need to slow down Yin.

Shirin said...

Am trying to but it's hard coz everytime I try to slow down, the work keeping catching up to me... ;-)