Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Jedi Song - Weird Al Yankovic

I was on my way home from work today and had the radio on Mix 96.9...I had the volume pretty low so when this one song came on, I thought it was "American Pie" by Don McLean which is one of my favorite songs... So, there I was singing along, off key of course, when I started to think, "I must not be over my flu coz my singing is so bad that I'm not saying the same words as the song".

I turned up the volume and realized that instead of "American Pie" by Don McLean, it was the "Jedi Song" by Weird Al Yankovic... I haven't heard this song for a long time and since I love the Star Wars movies (I'm a geek, I know I know), I started singing along (again, off key of course). So now, instead of the "Monster Mash" song (please refer to blog from this morning) which had been stuck in my head since last night, it's the "Jedi Song" that's making its home in my spinning head...he he he. Below is the YouTube clip of the song with the accompanying lyrics....ENJOY!!!!!!

P/S Not sure why lately, I have all these "weird" songs stuck in my head...1st it was the "Spiderman" theme song, then the "Monster Mash" & now the "Jedi Song"....hemmm, I wonder...



A long, long time ago,
In a galaxy far away,
Naboo was under an attack.
And I thought me and Qui-Gon Jinn
Could talk the Federation in
To maybe cutting them a little slack.
But their response, it didn't thrill us,
They locked the doors and tried to kill us.
We escaped from that gas,
And met Jar Jar and Boss Nass.
We took a Bongo from the scene,
And we went to Theed to see the Queen.
We all wound up on Tatooine
That's where we found this boy.

Chorus: Oh my, my
This here Anakin guy
May be Vader
Some day later
Now he's just a small fry
He left his home and kiss his mommy goodbye
Saying soon I'm gonna be a Jedi
Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi

Did you know this junkyard slave
Isn't even old enough to shave?
But he can use the force they say
Oh, do you see him hittin' the Queen?
Though he's just nine and she's fourteen
Yeah he's probably gonna marry her, some day
Well I know he built C-3PO
And I heard how fast his pod can go
ANd we were broke, it's true
So we made a wager or two
Well, he was a pre-pubescent flyin' ace
And the minute Jabba started off that race
Well, I knew who'd win first plac
Oh yes, it was our boy!
We started singing

Chorus:

We, we finally got to Caruscant
The Jedi council, we knew would want
To see how good the boy could be
So we took him there and we told the tale
How his midichlorions were off the scale
And he might fulfill that prophecy
Oh, the council was impressed, of course
Could he bring balance to the force?
The interviewed the kid
Oh, training they forbid!
Because, Yoda sensed in him much fear
And Qui-gon said, "now listen here!
Just stick in your pointy ear,
I still, will teach this boy!"
He was singing

Chorus:

We caught a ride back to Naboo
'Cause Queen Amidala wanted to,
I frankly would've liked to stay
We all fought in that epic war
And it wasn't long at all before
Little hot-shot flew his plane and saved the day
And in the end some Gungans died
Some ships blewup
And some pilots fried
A lof of folks were croakin'
The battle droids were broken!
And the Jedi I admire most
Met up with Darth Maul, and now he's toast
I'm still here, and he's a ghost
I guess I'll train the boy
And I was singing

Chorus
:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad that song. It accompanied me just now while I was having a bored (or bad) report to compile :)

Hi kak Shirin, this is Roy Rohaya. it's been a long long time huh since we last met.
Feel free to visit my fp at http://mamimia.fotopages.com

Shirin said...

Roy!!!! Lama tak jumpa...Glad to hear from you... Insya allah bila Kyin balik Malaysia nanti kita jumpa la...