Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Party

We had our annual Christmas party at the Landmark Restaurant last night for one of the offices that I work for. All employees were invited to bring a guest with them. Jim was supposed to go but he wasn't feeling so good so I went alone. Turned out one more person came solo too...;-) Anyways, it wasn't a big deal since we all know each other and most of the guests.

The restaurant is pretty nice. It is located in downtown Mesa so it's not too far from my house. Of course it being almost Christmas, the restaurant was decorated with Christmas lights and trees. They placed us in the Roosevelt Room which had pictures of President Teddy Roosevelt all over the wall which I think is pretty cool since my alma mater was Roosevelt University...

The food was awesome! They have a Salad Room which has an abundance of choices (the clam chowder is very good!) for you to choose from. Yours truly, being the seafood lover, piled on a bunch of shrimp on her place like there was no tomorrow...;-) For the entree we had a choice of salmon, prime ribs or chicken. I chose the salmon. I should ask them how they make the crust on the salmon coz it was really good. Dessert was cheesecake..yummmm

After dinner, we did our white elephant/gag gift game. I brought a license plate that read "I am driving this fast coz I need to POOP" and a book title "What your poop is telling you" as my gag gift... Weird gift huh? Well, for some reason or other, my office seems to be fascinated with poop and fart jokes, hence the gift. Btw, my gift isn't the most "disgusting"....we had a fart horn and a poop kit in that mix too... I ended up with a "What TV Personality are You?" book.... I haven't read it yet, it's still on the kitchen counter where I left it last night.

Anyways here are some pictures from the party last night....

Group pic, clockwise: Dr King, Kiersten (Dr. King's wife), Marty (Melissa's hubby), Melissa, Aubree, Mark (Aubree's hubby), Maggie (Valerie's sister-in-law), Valerie, Kriston, Linda, Leo (Linda's friend), Stevie, Sly (Stevie's hubby). Yours truly is not in the pic since I was the photographer.... The lighting in the room was really dim hence the dark pic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this makes me hungry..LOL!

Wan Chik.

nuhaafnan said...

hi shirin, thanks for reading my blog. i'm quite surprised to know i have a reader all the way from minnesota, but when i see nin's blog in ur blogroll, i thought, ok, it's a veryyy small world here in the cyberspace! hihi omg u even have ME in your blogroll!

looking forward to more posts from you

Anonymous said...

alamak, shirin! see, you can count on me to be a big gundu when it comes to a geographical-no brainer like this :) tapi arizona and minnesota tak jauh kan? ekekekekkeek joking :)

Shirin said...

Lawak la Anne....Arizona nun di selatan and Minnesota nuuun di utara...;-)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! you too know idham's blog hmm..famous pak cik sorang ni!

kak sarim

Anonymous said...

i knowww.... ehehehe, it's like someone mistaking me for living in pahang instead of penang, lol. my bad, next time baca blogger profile betui2 sikit nooo..