Friday, December 7, 2007

My Hero, Weird Al Yankovic

It is to my utmost devastation to announce to all of you, my blog readers, family & friends, that I have rediscovered ..... Weird Al Yankovic!!!!! This happened last night when I went searching for the lyrics to the "Jedi Song" (please refer to blog posted last night). By the way, I did mention to you guys, at one point or another, that I am a geek/dork/nerd, right? If you have been reading my blogs, I'm sure you have figured that out by now ;-)

To those of you unfamiliar with Mr Yankovic (who isn't?), he is a singer/songwriter who does parodies of popular/famous songs. The first time I heard of Weird Al Yankovic was when I saw the video of him singing the song "Eat It". He was dressed up like Michael Jackson and doing a parody of Jackson's "Beat It"... Oooooo, I thought it was hilarious... I was in high school then so that kind of stuff was funny to me, and sad to say, it's still funny to me now...he he he.

Anyways, with school and other life pursuits, I slowly forgotten Weird Al Yankovic. Until last night, that is..... When I got home, I went searching for the lyrics to the "Jedi Song" which I heard on the radio on my way home from work. And to my pleasant surprise, and to Jim's annoyance later on, I discovered that there are a bunch of his parodies on YouTube. I have been playing Yankovic's parodies on YouTube all night, hence Jim's annoyance with me. In fact, at this very moment I have "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" on....again, bare in mind that I am a dork/nerd/geek. ;-)

So, there you are...my hero, Mr "Weird" Al Yankovic.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:).....who is this guy? i think i am out of touch with musical world...hehehe

read ur tag thingy....adushh...i am not much into tag this tag thingy....

but at 8 this morning, i was logging on my laptop, the last thing i paid for was dinner tonight - lamb mandi rice at a local restaurent, it was so delicious good - i bought take away as well....
what happened to me in 2006 - lots of things - a couple i remember are
- spending Ramadan in Mekah and Medinah wth my family
- Eidil Fitri in Malaysia, catching the last few days of Ramadan there - buying foods from Pasar Ramadan like a man possessed
hehehe

have a good weekend Yin!

IDham

Shirin said...

Abg Id,

What? You've never heard of Weird Al???? Adoi....