Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Wizard of Oz

After all this years I finally watched the movie, "The Wizard of Oz" with Jim last night. They showed it on TBS (channel 16) and another station last night. Why they ran it on 2 different channels at the same time, who knows....

I do have to say that it was a cute movie tho kids might be a little afraid of the wicked witch. Of course it was a "fantasy" movie...you know, the flying monkeys, changing colored horse, and a talking scarecrow, lion & tinman.

Talking about kids who may be scared watching this movie, Jim told me a little funny story about him and this movie. I guess he was about 7 or 8 years old at that time when he first saw this movie. He was so afraid of the wicked witch of the west (you know, with her green face, crooked nose, long chin and the hackling evil laugh) that he turned off the tv and stuck a note on it forbidding anyone to turn it back on.

He is still afraid of her now, (silly, I know but I'm still afraid of Freddie Krueger too *wink*) that one day a few years back he actually had a nightmare about her. He was asleep while I watched tv in our bedroom when all of a sudden he started to yell out loud, "Witch!, Witch!".

He was shaking and sweating. After I woke him up, he told me that he dreamt the witch was after him. Of course, I made fun of him a little but then years ago I dreamt that Freddie was chasing me so I don't tease him about it too much...he he he

Anyways, if you've never watched "The Wizard of Oz" go see it....

*A little trivia ~ In the original book, "The Wizard of Oz", Dorothy's slippers were made of diamonds. But since the movie is one of the first to be filmed in color (Gone with the Wind is the other), they made her slippers out of rubies to show off the color.

No comments: