Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

Turkey, stuffings, mashed potatoes, candied yam, string bean casserole, gravy & cranberry sauce, & pumpkin pie.....yum!!! I can't wait for this Thursday to come. Thanksgiving is here again (thursday, November 22, 2007) and the feasting season starts...

As always, we are having Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law and her husband's. Jim's parents and little niece will be there too. This year I am in charge of the desserts so I'm bringing a pumpkin pie and a french silk pie. Pumpkin pie is part of the traditional Thanksgiving menu but since I am not too keen on it, I decided to bring the french silk pie too. That way we all can have our dessert and eat it too...Though mine will come with a shot of insulin....he he he

Another Thanksgiving tradition is the football game (American football, I mean, to the rest of you not in America). As always, the Dallas Cowboys and the Detriot Lions will be playing but I am not sure which teams they are playing against this year.

Thanksgiving is the time for family and being grateful for what we have. So, what I am grateful for this year? I'm grateful that I'm alive, in a fairly good health (except for a few things that I can't avoid), to have my hubby & 2 boys who love & care about me very much, and my family whom I love and miss a lot.

To all of you out there, have a Happy Thanksgiving and for those of you who are travelling, please be safe...


P/S To Bro Joe & Kak Zaharah, selamat menunaikan haji. Mohon maaf sekiranya ada yang terkasar bahasa or menyakitkan hati. Have a very safe trip.

No comments: