Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Robbed!!!


Fuck it all to hell!!! I was in a fairly good mood when i walked into my office this morning from my 3-day weekend. Alas, not 3 minutes after I sat at my desk, my boss David, came into my office and told me that the software side was robbed. Since yesterday was a public holiday (Memorial Day), the offices were closed so we don't know if it happened during the weekend or yesterday.

Someone threw 2 big rocks thru the windows in the technical support room and walked away with 3 desktop computers, 2 laptops and 3 17" flat screen monitors. The windows were smashed to smithereens so glass was everywhere in the room. We can't do anything to clean up the room at the moment coz we are still waiting for the cops to come over. We are not to touch anything in that room coz they want to dust for fingerprints. I really hope that they did leave their prints coz I would love to see their asses in jail. Man, I am so mad right now.

Now, David & I have to deal with the insurance company, cops as well as the landlord. I am not sure what time the glass people can be here so now, someone will have to stay at the office until the window is fixed. If it's not fixed by end of day, someone will have to stay overnight in the office coz we don't want them to come back and steal again. Dealing with the insurance company is going to be the worst part. Thousands of dollars in computers were lost and I am sure the insurance company is going to take their time in reimbursing us. The worst part right now is that our technical support guys are not able to answer calls from our customers. We are trying to move them to the computer developer/designer rooms for the time being.

I just feel so sick to my stomach right now that someone would do that. I mean I know this kind of things do happen but I just can't believe that it did...

Well, I better go see if the cops are here yet. I can't believe that they didn't come immediately.... Arghhhhhh...I'm so pissed!!!!

5 comments:

Mama Bs said...

Aduhh... what a way to start ur week. Hope they catch org2 berkenaan.

Azlin Kamardin said...

Waduh... macam-macam jadi ya.. kalau ikut makcik makcik kat kampung... ni nak kena mandi bunga!

Jangan marah kak yin. Sabo je la.

Shirin said...

Yeah, pening kepala today. Btw, by the time KYin left work at 6pm today, the cops still have not shown up. Not sure if the guys are still there waiting for them...

Anonymous said...

First time baca your blog terus bad news..... memang banyak kes jenayah ke kat situ Yin?

Shirin said...

No lah Li...I think it's coz school is out at the moment so bebudak don't have anything better to do with their time. Also temptation ler, just the guys in the tech support semua have new computers and they didn't shut their blinds....