Friday, May 18, 2007

My Very First Blog Post

Since I am still at work and have nothing better to do and it's not time to go home yet, I surfed the net. I went onto my friendster account and read my blogs that I have on there (I haven't written any blog on there for over a year now). I came across my very first blog I ever wrote. So, for fun, below is my first blog written on August 29, 2005.

When It Rain, It Pours

Ever heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours?" Well, that's what been happening to me this lovely month of August and it's not the wet kind...

Earlier this month, on a bright Tuesday morning, I got into my Dodge Caravan to go to work... Put the key in the ignition... click, click... hemm nothing... click click... still nothing... Popped the hood... checked the oil... still full. Checked the battery... hah!!!! the damn thing is dead!!! Called my mother in law so that she can drive me to work. Jim came home from work that afternoon, jumped start the van and took it in to Goodyear to have the battery replaced... US$70 flew out the window....

A week later, again on a Tuesday. Have a meeting with the owners of the dental practice I work for at Applebee's at noon. David (one of the owners who is my direct boss) and I were going to drive separately to Applebee's since I have errands to do after the meeting. Left my office at 11:45am, got into my van.... grrrr, grrrr... hemmm... grrrr, grrrr. Why doesn't this damn van want to start. "I just changed the battery, dammit!!!" Grrr, grrr... still wouldn't start... "David, can you pick me up? My car wouldn't start." Luckily, he just left the parking lot. Jim came by after work and again took it in to Goodyear.... The alternater (not sure of spelling) was out.... US$350 down the drain....

Last Wednesday, Jim left for work at 10:00pm...Yes, P.M., he works the night shift. About 10:45 pm, the phone rang... I was almost in dreamland at that time... Ring, ring... who could be calling this late... Damn tellermarketers!!! I let the answering machine pick up the call..."Honey, it's me, I need you to come get me, I have a flat tire." What!!!! I hope he wasn't on the freeway when it happened. Scrambled to get the phone. Turned out he's about a mile from getting onto the freeway when the tire blew out. Phew!!! Groggily, put on my Pooh fuzzy slippers and drove the van to where Jim is. Left the Chevy Prizm by the road and drove Jim to work. Next morning, picked Jim up from work and drove back to where the car is. Tried to change the tire ourselves but it's one of those "steel" wheels and it needed some kind of special tool. Called the tow truck and sat in the bloody hot sun for almost an hour before they came and towed us to Goodyear. Right rear tire was blown to pieces and the front right tire has a nail in it....US$160 floated away...

You would think 3rd time's the charm right?... About 3am this morning, I woke up in a sweat. Sammy & Tiger (our cats) were panting right beside me. Hemm, why is the house so hot? We had the air conditioning set at 78 F...The thermostat says it's 92F... Hemm... Maybe the auto off switch was on?... Nope... Oh well, will call the air conditioning guy to see what's wrong... maybe it just needs some freeon...

Well, Jim just called me... the air conditioning unit needs to be replaced, the compression blew up in the middle of the night... US$3500 will most likely fly away later today...

What can I say? When it rains, it POURS!!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Bs said...

Nice blog k.yin.. Cute gambar masa k.yin kecik2..