Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday

Here I am again, all by my lonesome self. The dental side is only opened for half day today and closed tomorrow and Monday for Memorial Day, so everyone has gone home except for yours truly. I have stuff from the software side to do today and tomorrow. I am hoping that I could get my stuff done today so that I could go home a little early today to deal with the little thing that I am going to tell you about below...

I was really ticked off yesterday afternoon. I was out doing errands for work and on the way back to the office, I stopped at the Water & Ice store to have our water bottles for the water cooler filled. Had 4 of the 5-gallons bottles with me. Anyways, as I was driving back to the office, I heard the bottles kinda rolling around in my trunk. Then I started hearing this glug, glug, glug sound. I figured it was just the water sloshing around in the bottles. Half way to the office I stopped at a red light and the glug, glug, glug sound didn't stop. I started to have a bad feeling about it so I pulled into a parking lot. Opened the trunk and found that one of the bottle caps had broken and water was everywhere. One of the bottles was half empty. Man, I was pissed!!!

When I got back to the office, I placed a whole roll of paper towel in the trunk to try and soak up the water and pulled the lining out to dry. I just hope that I get the stuff dry coz I really don't want any mildew or musty smell in my new car. Maybe I'll leave the trunk open when I get home tonight so that the sun could dry up any dampness in there.

Hemm, it's almost 1 pm already so I better go and get some lunch before I keel over from hunger....

No comments: