Thursday, May 3, 2007

I'll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me) - by Expose

Music Video Codes by VideoCure



I hear you're taking the town again
Having a good time with all your good time friends
I don't think that you think of me
You're on your own now, and I'm alone and free
I know that I oughta get on with my life
But a life lived without you could never be right

Chorus:
And as long as the stars shine down from the heavens
Long as the rivers run to the sea
I'll never get over you
Getting over me

I try to smile so the hurt won't show
Tell everybody I was glad to see you go
But the eyes just won't go away
Loneliness found me, looks like it's here to stay
I know that I oughta find someone new
But all I find is myselft always thinking of you

No matter what I do
It's like a lifetime to live through
I can't go on like this
I need your touch
You're the only one I've ever loved
And as long as the stars shine down from the heavens
Long as the rivers run to the sea
I'll never get over you
Getting over me.....


I used to listen to this song a long long time ago and I used to cry whenever I hear it....This was back when I was still living in Malaysia. I had just moved back from Holland and was studying for my Associate Degree in Kuantan. I was in love with someone at that time (& had been for about 4 yrs) but I guess my love was not enough coz he broke up with me to be with someone else.

This person was my first love and as the saying goes...first love is hard to forget and the first cut is the deepest. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with him anymore but he does pops in my head once in awhile. Wonder where he is? Is he happy? If he ever thinks about me....You know, the usual cheesy stuff.....Anyways, I heard this song on the radio the other day and guess what??? I don't cry anymore and have not been for quite some time now....

I recently started corresponding with him after years of long silence. Glad to know that he is happy and doing well career wise. Am also glad that we can still be friends and keep in touch with each other coz we've been friends since we were kids....

Well, to this person (if you ever read this)......Thank you for the experience...You taught me a lot about relationship(s) and myself. Taught me not to depend on other people to make me happy and that I hold my happiness in my own hands. And because of you, I came to the US and met the person I am truly happy with. Someone whom I can be myself and not worry that he is looking for something better and loves me for me (flaws and all...).

I am also glad that we can still keep in touch and hopefully will be for a long time....

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being friends is good. being at peace with the past and the present is very good! stay happy! btw your blog looks great!
wan chik