Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weird Day

What a weird day today is starting to be... First of all, I kept waking up every hour on the hour all night last night so I am a little sleep deprive at the moment.

My first customer today told me that he wanted to cash his check so I proceed to my transaction menu on my computer to do so. When I asked him how he want his cash (what denomination) he said he wanted to deposit US$200 of it into his account. So, I cancelled the original transaction and proceed to fill the deposit slip for him and ran the transaction. Again at the end, I asked him again how he wants his cash broken down and he decided that instead of depositing that US$200 into his account, he wanted to get all the cash. So, again I cancelled that transaction and proceed to the first one and guess what... he decided to change his mind again. Luckily this time he didn't change his mind again... coz I would have smacked him he he he

The other customer I had was an old lady. She handed me her checkbook and said that she wanted copies of the checks she had written this month. I asked her for her ID and she said, "You can't look me up from the checkbook?". I told her that I can look up her account from the checkbook but I need to make sure that she's the one on the account. She pointed to the name on the checkbook and said that's her. I was trying really hard not to laugh but I told her that I need to see her ID so that I can verify that that is her. So she grumbily walked back to her car to get her ID. After verifying that it was indeed her, I pulled up her account on my computer. I asked her if she just wanted me to print the statement which shows all the checks that had gone thru her account but she said that she wanted to get the copies of the check. I also indicated to her that if she has internet, she can get the copies for free but she said that she doesn't have a computer. Since there were about 8 checks that had gone thru I brought her over to the PFR (personal financial rep) along with her statement that I had printed listing the checks so that he can help her print the checks and I can go back to running transactions at the teller line. Not 5 seconds later she left so I asked he PFR if he was able to help her. He said that she said to him that she can look up the checks at home and left the bank with the statement that I printed... What the F---? I asked her if all she wanted was the statement & she said no... Another undecided customer I guess...

Well, while I was with the old lady, another customer came into the branch wanting to run transaction and he got my Assistant Manager. He was trying to deposit cash into someone else's account. A restraint came up on the account so my AM was trying to ask him some questions. Unfortunately, the guy doesn't speak anything but Chinese so here they were, my AM speaking in English to him and he jabbering away in Chinese. My branch manager came over to try and help them but since she doesn't speak a lick of Chinese, there was little that she could do. They kept looking over to me hoping that I understood what the guy was talking about but I only know a couple of bad words so I was no help...

So, I don't know if there is a full moon out tonight or what but I hope the "weirdness" ends soon

3 comments:

Siti Blogger said...

Yin, this reminds me exactly why I quit my bank job back in 1995 hahaha!!

I think that 1st customer you mentioned tu was just trying to irritate you or something...then, the moment you snap, he'd complain to the upper mgmt and make a big hoo-ha. There are people like that you know... People with nothing better to do.

Hope the "weirdness" is over!

Shirin said...

He he he, that was the reason I quit the first time in '04. Tired of dealing with numskulls he he he.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Imagine if that had been ME trying to dump things in the dumpster....
Wan Chik.