Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How Old are You?

I just had a customer came in to deposit her social security check into her account. She wanted to deposit US$30 into her personal account and US$30 into her husband account with the rest of the cash back. I asked her if she's on her husband's account and she said no. Due to the privacy policy, I told her that I cannot look up her husband's account number for her if she's not on the account with him. She told me that her husband is in the car so he can come in after I'm done with her to deposit that US$30 into his account.

I ran her transaction and withheld the $30. She left and a few seconds later her husband came in. Mine you he's about 80 (I believe she's about 65). The first thing he said to me was, "Why do I have to come in to deposit money into my account? Don't you know she's my wife? We've been married over 40 years." I explained to him that because of the privacy policy I cannot look up his account for his wife no matter how long they've been married. He swiped his debit card and when I pulled up the account, I noticed that his wife is on the account with him. I told him that she is on the account but when I asked, she said she wasn't. He said, "She's stupid!" and totally went off about how women are stupid and all kind of bull shit.

I got annoyed with him and said, "Sir, please keep your voice down. If you keep talking with like that I will need you to leave." Then he said to me, "Why? Do I look like I'm 23?" and gave me his driver's license. I glanced at his DL and said, "It doens't matter how old you are, if you keep talking like that I will need you to leave". I finished his transaction and gave him his receipt. I could hear him talking under his breathe about how women are such and such (I'm not repeating what he said coz it's going to make me madder).

I just don't understand people sometimes. What makes them think that they are better than anyone else, more specifically over other gender or race or whatever. Those people are the stupid ones....

1 comment:

nuhaafnan said...

what a grumpy old man! you handled him right, dearie. glad he didn't get all worked up and created a bigger scene.