Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To Kill A Mockingbird

I just finished reading the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. I've always been curious about the book and wanted to ready it. Of course, the first time I heard about the book was the movie by the same name staring Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.

It was one of the best book I've ever read and I am mad with myself that I didn't read the book sooner. It was about a lawyer named Atticus Finch who lived & worked in a small Alabama town called Maycomb. He was appointed to be the defense lawyer for an African American who was accused of raping a white woman. Though there was a lot of evidence pointing to his innocence, the jury still convicted him of the crime. The book, unlike the movie, did not just concentrate on the trial but life in southern Alabama during that time. The book, like the movie, was told from the point of view of Atticus' 9 year old daughter.

I really love the book and really recommend it. If you are not a reader than I suggest you rent the movie....

No comments: