Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cubs game

Jim and I were over at the Hohokam Stadium (it's only about 8 miles down the street from where we live) yesterday afternoon to watch the spring training game between the Arizona Diamonbacks and our beloved Chicago Cubs. Above is a pic of Jim that I took with my cellphone camera about half way thru the game. The weather was very nice, temperature was about 74F (about 23C), the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky. I was slightly sunburned but not too bad.

As you can see, we were on the first row near the Diamondbacks dugout. I was hoping to get some foul balls but alas did not get any. A few that came our way went to the upper deck or to the section next to us. There was one that I would have gotten (it was rolling on the field straight to me) but one of the ground staff dashed in front of me, caught the ball, gave it to a little kid a few seats down, and slid & fell as he was going back to his station. Hah!! karma!!

Anyways, we had fun at the game. We left at the top of the 8th inning (there are 9 innings for those of you who don't know much about baseball). Oh, we were parked right in front of the gate since Jim got a temporary handicapped parking sticker so we didn't have far to walk at all. At first we were a little worried about the car being hit with foul balls that leave the stadium but none came our way (Phew!).

The rest of the early evening was spent babysitting our little niece, Karsen, so that her parents get to have a "date" night...

By the way, Cubs won 4-1

No comments: