Thursday, March 6, 2008

Catfight!

I always wonder why when there is a bunch of women (well, men do this too) working together, there will be catfight(s). There is always some kind of drama when women are put together in any close proximity. I am so freaking tired of all these catfights and drama. Can't we all just get along?

I don't know why but it seems to me that some people (men & women) just love drama in their lives. They seems to like chaos so much that they sometimes instigate things that would cause conflicts. They seems to enjoy seeing mistrust, arguments and/or plain dislike among other people that they would go out of their way to make these things happen.

With my current job as financial controller and HR personnel, I've learned that the best thing for me to do is just stay out of these catfights and drama. I have enough things going on in my own life that I don't need someone else's crap to deal with.

When someone comes to me to vent, I will listen but I keep my mouth shut and not badmouth the other person they are venting about. There are always two sides of the story. I will try to listen to what they are saying and let them vent coz most of the time that is all that is to it, just venting. I don't take too seriously what people are saying especially when there are "threats" in that moment of frustration, unless there is a real concern that that threat is going to be carried out ("going postal" for example).

I've also learned that when someone comes to me and say, "so and so says this about you (or anyone else)", to just not trust what that person is saying. Trust me, that same person will turn around and say the same thing to the other person. People like this are not to be trusted with confidential information unless subconsciously you do want other people to know that information.

I just wish that there are less bickering, backstabbing, etc. Perhaps the world would be a better place if that these catfights would just ceased and deceased!!!

2 comments:

Siti Blogger said...

Ok, 1st of all, that picture is so adorable! Rasa nak geget2 kitten tu...

It's true what you said, better not take sides because in moments of anger and disgust, people will sometimes just say anything! I hate catfights too...it's when adults behave like little children. Don't we have enough to worry already??

Do you what's worse than catfights? Cold war! It's when you have no idea what you did or didn't do but suddenly this person just shut you out... Alahai... I hate it when that happens!

Shirin said...

Hi Nin,

He he he, yeah I love that pic.

Yup, cold war is even worst. One minute you're ok and the next you're banished to the "silence realm". But then, if that person is someone you don't like anyways, wouldn't it be better if she/he didn't speak with you? ;-)