Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Scarred


Thanks to my little boy, Tiger, I am scarred for life. Let me start from the beginning.... For the past few weeks, Jim & I had left the blinds of our big front window open so that Tiger & Sammy could look outside at the birds. They both really like staring out that window, Tiger especially. He would sit on the futon with his front paws on the window sill (just like the pic above) and stare at the birds, bugs or the neighbor's kids for hours. He would get really excited especially when the birds come near the window. His tail would wag really fast and he would make this "Eaik, Eaik" sound.

Being the loving mom that I am, I figured that he would enjoy going out onto the front lawn so that he could watch the birds more closely. So, on Sunday afternoon, I put him on his leash and was about to take him outside for his little outing. I had him in my arms over my left shoulder and as I unlocked the front door, it made a loud noise. The sound scared Tiger so much that he started to squirm in my arms. I tried to hold him still but the more I try, the harder he squirmed and struggled to get free. Alas, he got away from me and as he jumped from my arms, his back paws scratched up my upper left arm and the side of my left boob. The rest of the day, Tiger hid in his den under the futon and no matter how much coaxing Jim & I did, he wouldn't come out until later in the day.

I was in shock when the whole thing happened. I wanted to make sure that Tiger was okay then, when I looked at my arm, it had welt up with red scratches all over it and my left boob has a long red scratch along the side. I was in so much pain that I almost cried... Cleaned up my "battle" wounds as best as I can and tried to coax Tiger out from his den.

Tiger stayed away from me the rest of the day. I think he was more scared than I was about the whole thing. He did come and sleep with me and Sammy on the futon that night. The next day, it seems like he had forgotten what had happened the day before until he saw me picked up his leash. He zoomed right into his den under the futon and didn't come out until I put the leash away... Poor guy...

Anyways, I am still nursing my wounds, it still hurts like crazy.... but I guess I'll have my scars from my battle with my little boy Tiger....he he he

2 comments:

Mama Bs said...

Ouch, sure sakit tu. Tiger sure takut dgr bunyi kuat tu. Luckily, you are still in the house. Kalau dah keluar, with bunyi kereta or something else, he might run away. It takes time for indoor cats to go outdoor. ;)

Shirin said...

Tiger was on his leash so even if we were outside, he can't go too far...he he he