Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dan in Real Life

On my way home from work on Friday I stopped at Blockbuster and rented a couple of movies, "Dan in Real Life" & "Atonement". We had planned on watching both DVDs over the weekend but if you read my previous blog, you would know that we didn't have a chance to coz of the toilet fiasco.

After I got the toilet fixed on Sunday, we decided to watch "Dan in Real Life". I thought it was a cute movie. Steve Carell played Dan, a widowed advise columnist who is good when dealing with other people's relationships but is a little clueless when it comes to his own relationship with his 3 daugthers. While on a family vacation at his parents's house (his siblings with their spouses & kids were there too), he met a woman at a book store. They spent some time talking and he was really attracted to her and she seems like she's interested in him too though she did tell him that she's involve with someone. When he went back to his parents', he told his siblings that he met a girl...His brothers and sister were teasing him when one of his brothers, Mitch (played by Dan Cook) introduced his new girlfriend, Marie (Juliette Binoche) who had come spend her vacation with the family. Mitch's girlfriend turned out to be the girl Dan had met at the book store that morning.

I liked the movie and thought it was cute. Dianne Wiest & John Mahoney played Dan's parents and they were funny. There were funny parts in there and I really like Steve Carell...So, rent the movie if you feel like having a laugh.

Other movies I like by actors/actresses from this movie:
1. 40 Year Old Virgin (Steve Carell)
2. Bruce Almighty (Steve Carell)
3. The Lost Boys (Dianne Wiest)
4. Birdcage (Dianne Wiest)
5. Bullets Over Broadway (Dianne Wiest)
6. Hannah & Her Sisters (Dianne Wiest)
7. Chocolat (Juliet Binoche)
8. The English Patient (Juliet Binoche)

2 comments:

Emily S said...

I saw this film on the plane a couple of weeks ago... It really is a sweet film! :)

Shirin said...

Hi Emily,

I love Steve Carell, especially in "The Office". I think he's funny is "The 40 year Old Virgin" and "bruce Almighty".

Shirin