Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Waitress"

We had the family over today for New Year's which we always do every year. Made kurma ayam with daging hitam manis (my mom's receipe) as well as papadum & mixed veggies. Glad to say that everyone liked the food.

We also watched the movie "Waitress" today. It was an independent movie starring Keri Russell ("Felicity"). Really good movie, I recommend anyone to see it. Keri Russell plays a waitress who works in a pie dinner owned by Joe (Andy Griffith) and is stuck in an unhappy marriage and just found out that she's pregnant. The movie shows how she deals with her marriage and her "relationship" with her unborn baby. The movie is very good but the best part I like about it is all the pies that she bakes. Man, they look so good... my mouth was watering...he he he

Hemm, thinking about that pie makes me think of the blueberry cobbler that my mother in law brought for us. We still have about half a pan left in the fridge. I think I'm going to go have a slice...

Catch later.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Siti Blogger said...

Yin, daging hitam manis? That's my kids' favorite but I never know how to make them :-( We only get to eat them kalau pi orang kawin and they have that lauk on the menu. Or if somebody from Muar brought them to my inlaw's during raya or something. Can email me the recipe or not?

Shirin said...

This is the direct translation for crescenet's comments:

I very liked this post and its blog is very interesting, goes to pass for here always =) Later gives passing back in my site, that is on the CresceNet, waits that it likes. The address of it is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com. One I hug.

Shirin said...

Hi Nin,

Hemm, not sure if it's the same dish. Arwah my mom call it daging hitam manis. Quite easy to make actually. Nanti I email you the recipe. Though I have to warn you that, like my mom, the way I masak is tak guna measurement. Masuk ni sikit, masuk tu sikit, kacau2, kalu sedap..okay lah...he he he

Anonymous said...

Actually the daging hitam manis also known as rendang tok.... betul tak Yin?

Shirin said...

No not rendang tok la Li. Daging hitam manis ni was my mom's specialty. I've never seen anyone else make it. ;-)