Monday, July 14, 2008

Quails

I left work at about 6:40pm last Thursday evening after being at work since 7:30am. As I was walking to my car, I came across a family of quails on the pavement, most likely looking for dinner. There were the papa & mama quail as well as about a dozen of their baby quails. They were so cute!!! I tried to be as quiet as I can but as soon as they saw me, they ran into the bush by the pavement except for one baby quail. It was concentrating so much on getting his/her food that it didn't notice me standing there. It finally looked up and noticed me watching and it turned around looking for its family. It was kinda comical to see it kept turning its head in a panic, trying to find his family. When it finally spotted them under the bush and it ran for it... I managed to take this pic of them with my cellphone before they went into hiding.... Sorry, the picture is not very good/clear, it was after all taken from a cellphone and it was starting to get dark...

2 comments: