Monday, July 21, 2008

Brokeback Mountain

Jim & I finally saw "Brokeback Mountain" last weekend on Bravo (channel 60). I thought that it's a good movie. I have to admit, when it first came out in the theaters, I was a little apprehensive about watching it. It got good reviews but I still resisted watching it. Then finally curiousity took over and when it came on tv last weekend, I saw it. And honestly, I don't see what the bruhaha is all about. And what I mean here is about the homosexuality of the movie.

The movie did not show the guys having sex. It's not about that at all. It's about love and the sacrifice that they do for that love as well as to avoid the prejudice that they face. This world could definitely do with less prejudice and bigotry...

Heath Ledger & Jake Gyllenhaal played Ennis Del Mar & Jack Twist. 2 men, a ranch hand and an aspiring rodeo cowboy, met in 1963 Wyoming while herding sheeps developed a life-long bond. When the herding season ended, they parted way but soon realized their true feelings for each other. They went thru 19 years of trials and tribulation (marriage, kids etc) when it all ended tragically.

Michelle Williams played Ennis Del Mar's wife, Alma and Anne Hathaway played Jack Twist's wife Lureen Newsome. All 4 actors were great in this movie. Watch it if you can.....

Other recommendations:
"Boys Don't Cry" - Hillary Swank

No comments: