Thursday, August 2, 2007

Harry Potter & the Deadly Hollows

I finally finished reading "Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows" at 3am this morning. For the last 4 days I could not put that book down. I've never had so much fun reading a fictional book ever since I read "Lord of the Rings" by Tolkien so many years ago when I was in high school.

I have to admit that this is the only book I've read of the Harry Potter series. I've always just wait for the movie to come out. Haven't had a chance to see the 5th movie yet, "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix" but I am sure I will love it just like I love the first 4 movies. Reading "Deadly Hollows" makes me want to read the first 6 books. It is one of a few books that while reading it, I would sink into the imaginary world of Harry Potter. I feel like I was actually there seeing all their adventure unfold in front of me. I was so into my imaginary world that Jim (my hubby) said I was totally oblivious to my surrounding. I had this total concentration on my face as I turn page after page of that book.

Anyways, I am thinking of ordering the hardcover set, book 1 - 6 on Amazon.com. The set doesn't go on sale until October 1st and I am not sure if I want to wait that long to read it. Since I've already seen the first 4 movies and most likely will see the 5th, I might just buy the "Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince" so as to keep my "thirsty" mind from wondering too far.....

3 comments:

Siti Blogger said...

Yin, malu nak admit but i've never read any of the potter books, or LOTR either. But with all the hoo-ha going on about potter lately, makes me want to get the whole set too and maratahon all 7 books!

Anonymous said...

You should read all of the books, belive me, the movies ate sh** compared to the books. i´ve alredy read the deadly hollows, and if you liked that one you would defently love the others. they are better, kiss

Shirin said...

If you read my other blog, "Harry Potter"...I do have and already read the entire collection. And, yes I do agree the books are a lot better...