Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pet Peeve(s)

I have this little pet peeve about online chatting (instant messenging i.e. IM). I have been communicating with family and friends on yahoo messenger (definitely cheaper than calling them on the phone). Lately, I have a few chatters who would "BUZZ" me when they first get online. So, this is my pet peeve...how hard is it to say "Hello" or bagi salam when you first chat with someone? Everytime someone buzz me, I feel like I have to sit up straight and pay attention or that I am someone's maid that I have to go fetch something for his/her majesty. I am not your SERVANT, dammit!!! :x. It bugs me so much that I have put a few people on my ignore list just because of this.

Another pet peeve I have about internet chatting is that just because you have all the time in the world to chat, does not mean that I do. Or that when I do have time to chat but a little late in replying to their chat, they would start buzzing. HELLO??? If I could reply immediately I would.

I honestly think that some people need to take some kind of online etiqutte class before they are allowed to chat with anyone (I feel the same way about cell phones too but that is a whole different story). People are just so rude and/or don't have any manners nowadays. No wonder our society is going down the tubes...

Anyways, to all my family and friends, if you BUZZ me and I don't answer, you know the reason why....;)

No comments: