Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Food Poisoning

Monday was Memorial Day here so I had the day off for once since the bank and the dental office I work at are both closed. We were going to have a BBQ at my in laws but my mother in law wasn't feeling too good so we all decided to go to the the chinese buffet at the restaurant not far from their house instead. After lunch we went back to my in laws and watched the Chicago Cubs game on tv. We were there until about 8PM and when we left, I was feeling a little hungry so we stopped at the McDonald's on the way home. I ordered a McDouble and a couple of apple pies and devoured it as soon as we got home. After spending some time playing with my boys I fell asleep at about 11PM.

At about 2AM I woke up with a cramp in my tummy. At first I thought that maybe it's my normal monthly cramps but as I lay in bed, my tummy started to feel & get more and more bloated. Soon after I ran to the bathroom and threw up everything that I ate that day, the chinese food as well as McD. Sammy was so sweet that he came and sat beside me on the bathroom floor as I heaved over the toilet. He kept looking up at me with this expression that says, "Are you okay, Mummy?"

I thought that after that I would be okay but boy was I wrong. I kept threwing up for the rest of the night until about 6AM when I thought I don't have anything more to chuck. Since I am the only teller opening I knew I couldn't call in sick so I took my shower and left for work at 7:15AM. I was afraid that I was going to threw up at work, I didn't eat or drink anything except for water all day. I thought that I wasn't going to make it thru work but luckily I got off at 2:30PM... I went home and slept the rest of the day...

So, that was my little adventure with food poisoning....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kak Shirin, is that you????? if so then it is me mal! but i think this is you as i can't think of any other raja norshirin raja jalil except for you. Assalamualikum! how're things? How's the tummy now? how's jim? gosh miss you la. - mail me at khairul@gasmalaysia.com

Shirin said...

Hey Mal!!! How are you? Wah, lama tak dengar berita. How did you get to my blog? Keep in touch okay

elisataufik said...

gosh.. that sounds horrible. Hope you're feeling better now.
Did you find out what did it?
Did anybody else fall sick?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope you're ok now.
Wan Chik.

Shirin said...

Salam Wan Chik & Elisa,

Alhamdullillah I'm okay now, just that one day je was a little torture. I think it was the McDouble I had at McDonald's that did it coz no one else was sick. The meat must not have been cooked properly...

Anonymous said...

Boo to McD!
Wan Chik.