Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana Fritters)

I woke from my afternoon nap earlier with the cravings for pisang goreng (fried banana fritters). I've never actually cooked one before though I had quite a few in Malaysia. What to do, what to do? Picked up the phone and called my aunt, Wan Chik, in Kuala Kangsar (that's in Malaysia, for those of you who don't know where Kuala Kangsar is).

Wan Chik started laughing when I asked her how to make the batter ;-). Said to mix some tepung beras (rice or glutenous flour) with some water & salt and sugar to taste. Well, since I don't have any glutenous flour, I just used the regular "white" flour instead and hoped for the best.

I have to say that the result was pleasing. Sprinkled some "Splenda" sugar (I'm diabetic so can't use regular sugar) on the hot fried banana and voila! Jim tried one and ended up eating about half of the batch that I made. That means he really liked it coz when I had him try the first piece, he had mentioned that he wasn't hungry... he he he.

So, here's to the yummy pisang goreng....

1 comment:

Siti Blogger said...

Yummy! It's what I had for breakfast this morning too... :-)