Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life is not perfect, so....


A few days ago, I chatted on Yahoo Messenger with 3 other bloggers and we decided to write on a topic called "He/She/Life is not perfect, so..." So, this is my entry...

Life is not perfect, so... deal with it!!! Nothing is perfect in this world and we just have to make do with what we have and make it "perfect" in the best way we can.

As for me, the last 15 years of my life has been up and down. I came to the US 15 years ago in the hopes of getting my college degree and going back to Malaysia. Well, that plan went out the window...at least the going back to Malaysia part. You see, when I came here I did not forsee me still be here 15 years later. Why am I still here? Well, I met my soulmate and with his encouragement, I did get my degree...

I love Jim very much. Early this month, we celebrated 14 years of knowing each other and this November will be our 12th wedding anniversary. In this almost 11 1/2 years of marriage, there is nothing more that we would want than having kids, but alas after all these years, we still haven't got any....Life is so unfair...

About 5 years ago, we felt that we are ready to have a baby so we started trying but to no vail. So, we started seeing a fertility doctor about 3 years ago. We tried A.I. but it wasn't successful. We would have tried IVF but the cost is about US$12,000 and there is only about 30% of it being successful, so we decided against it. We figured that we could try adoption but as we were doing the research and application, Jim got sick...so we postponed the adoption application.

Now, that Jim is slowly but surely getting better, we started talking about having a baby again. We are hoping that we could adopt from Malaysia though there seems to be some resistance from my family back home. It makes me sad that here we are, Jim & I, who really wants a baby...who will love it and cherish it with our lives and here I see on the news, parents abusing their babies......LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!

6 comments:

elisataufik said...

if life was fair, it wouldnt be much fun.. ;)

Nazrah Leopolis said...

i agree with elisa.

we would not get very far in life either, if it were fair.

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

as unfair as life can be ... every black cloud has a silver lining.

i hear you, i do.

Unknown said...

shirin :-)

First of all - happy birthday to Tiger!

I agree lah with u - life isn't fair. But God is...and it is reassuring to see, that life isn't fair even for those who seem to have everything.
God knows best in his equation of love...

best wishes to u.

Anonymous said...

Shirin,

U Arizona mana? Tucson ke Tempe?

Shirin said...

Thanks for the comments, Elisa, Syana, Nazrah & Abg Id. Life is unfair but you just have to deal with it the best way you can...

Bukatutup: I am in Mesa, Arizona.