Thursday, February 28, 2008

My favorite colors


Black had always been my favorite color and most of my things are black. From time to time I do favor other colors though black remains my basic color.

From my early childhood to about my early grade school years I loved pink. Everything I owned had to have pink in it. I think every girl loves pink.

Going into high school.. The first couple of year I still loved pink. Lucky for me coz pink was the "it" color at that time that even the guys were also wearing pink..he he he. Into my 3rd year in high school I started wearing black too. I didn't really enjoy my time in high school so I think I wore a lot of black to match my mood then.

After high school and while I was in Holland, tulips became my favorite flower (and still is to this day) especially the yellow ones. So everything I have at that time was black with splashes of yellow or "orangy". Even then, black remains my color of choice.

Back to Malaysia after my little stint in Holland, I went to community college in Kuantan. I really enjoyed my time there so I wore more colorful stuff though black still remained my favorite color.

Ever since I live here in the US, my colors have been black and purple. Everything is either black or purple or a combination of both. Purple pen, purple ruler, purple & black calculator etc. I've had purple and/or black stuff for so long that I figure I'll most likely stick to those colors now. Well, I made a discovery today...

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I was in our closet trying to decide what I want to wear when I realized that my "it" color now is red. I just noticed that lots of my clothes are a variation of the color red. I thought it was rather interesting since I never really consciously buy anything red. Of course, black still make an appearance in most of my stuff.

As you notice, my choice of colors tend to reflex my "moods" so I am wondering what red means....

No comments: