Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Rachel Getting Married" & "Quantum of Solace"

We rented "Rachel Getting Married" & "Quantum of Solace" over the weekend. Saw "Rachel Getting Married" on Sunday. It was about a woman, Kym (Anne Hathaway) who has been in and out of rehab, returned home for the weekend for her sister, Rachel (Rosemarie DeWitt) wedding. The home environment was challenging for Rachel since she is a recovering addict. While the sisters are effectionate, there is tension in their relationship. Rachel feels that their father dotes on Kym too much. Their father is genuinely concerned about Kym's well being but does not realize the stress the relationship is causing. The sister aslo has to deal with their mother who is more concern with her own well being rather than her own children.

The movie is very good especially Anne Hathaway. She was nominated for the Oscar last year for this role. Watch it if you can.


We saw "Quantum of Solace" last night and I have to say that of all the James Bond movies that I've seen (and I've seen all of them), this is my least favorite. Seems to me that the movie is more concern about the action rather than the story. Yeah, yeah, most of James Bond movies are action packed but at least there is a story to it that make sense. I wouldn't even bother with this one if I was you

No comments: