Saturday, December 27, 2008

Riding an Old Bicycle

Today is the end of my 2nd week at my "new" job. It is not exactly new since I had the same job about 4 years ago. You see, after much thinking and "heart-to-brain" talk with myself, I decided to go back to the bank which I left 4 years ago. I don't have to do much training classes except to go through some training modules online. Most of it I already know since I was with the bank for over 3 years before I quit. The modules are more of a refresher course for me as well as keep me up to date with some new bank policies and procedures. Still, it can get a little overwhelming..I feel like a sponge soaking up all these knowledge..he he he

A few people (family, friends, colleages and yes, even customers) have asked me if I like going back to the bank and my answer is always "Yes & No". "Yes" because the benefits are awesome!!! "No" because everyday that I am at the bank, it reminds me of why I left in the first place. The "Yes" definitely outweight the "No" but when certain situations came up, that "No" does loom heavily on my head.

I am sure you are wondering what the "No" is, right? Well, the job itself is not bad at all but I just despise (hate is too harsh but I do feel it sometimes) dealing with people. Not all people, just those who are assholes, jerks, ..etc, oh you know those people...some of you are those people in fact.

All the jobs I have had since I was in college had been in the public service/customer service sector so at this point of my life I am truly tired of dealing with people. I like my little "cave" at my other job because I do not have to deal with people, most of the time (usually just my co-workers). It was just me, the computer and a bunch of paperwork & data entries...

So there you go...my 2nd weeks at my "new" job...it is just like riding a bicycle

No comments: