Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Arizona Diamondbacks

Last night the Arizona Diamondbacks lost their 4th and final games in a best of 7 games series against the Colorado Rockies (1-5, 2-3, 4-1 & 4-6) which means that the Colorado Rockies will be in the World Series against the winner of the Cleveland Indians vs Boston Red Sox series.

I was happy & sad when the Diamondbacks lost last night. I was sad because I live in Arizona and would like to see them win another World Series. I was HAPPY they lost coz they made such a big deal when they won against the Chicago Cubs (my favorite TEAM!!!) in 3 straight games. They were making fun of the Cubs fans since we haven't won the World Series since 1908. Can I say KARMA!!! Coz the very next series they (Diamondbacks) lost!!!!

One thing I find interesting is that I live(d) in all three cities where the three teams call home. I lived in Wheeling (surburb of Chicago, Illinois) when I went to Roosevelt University and Jim & I got married in Chicago. 5 months after we were married, we moved to Arvada (surburb of Denver, Colorado) while Jim was doing his post graduate studies at the Colorado School of Mines. Then in late 1999 we moved to Mesa (surburb of Phoenix, Arizona) where we still live now.

Though we live(d) in all three cities, the Chicago Cubs remains my true team. I can see why Jim loves the team since he was born and raised in Chicago. As for myself, I first fell in love with the team when I was doing my A-Levels in Holland. The main reason was that I liked the little Cubbie that they have for their logo. I thought the Cubbie was really cute...Then when I came to the US to further my studies I get to follow the team even more since I was studying at Southern Illinois University. I got to really love the team when I started going out with Jim.

We would go to their games every year. When we lived in Wheeling, we would take the el-train down to Wrigley Field (home of the Cubs). We would sit on the bleacher section and watch them play. Sometimes we go home reeking of beer, not because we drink them, but coz some fans behind us would be so drunk that they spilled beer on us. There is nothing compared to the experience of watching a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

Then, when we moved to Colorado, we would go to their games when the Cubs come over. And when we moved to Arizona, our dreams would not have come any better since the Cubs have their spring training at Hohokam Park just 8 miles down the street from where we live. We would go to their spring training games every year as well as during the regular season when they come to play the Diamondbacks.

Life is sweet for me where the Cubs are concern...Only one thing would make it perfect...winning the World Series...Lets hope that 100 years will be the longest since they won their last World Series...

GO CUBS!!!!

No comments: