Sunday, August 10, 2008

5 Years ago


5 years ago today at about 3:30am, Malaysian time, I lost my mom, Raja Hajjah Hairul Nisha bt Raja Haji Hussein. I can't believe that it has been that long since she's been gone. Time flew so fast that it felt like yesterday.
I think it has been a little harder for me to accept that she is gone because I live so far away from home. I am not constantly reminded that she is gone. That doesn't mean that I don't miss her. I miss her lots!!! I still, on occassions, would pick up my phone wanting to dial my parents' house. But then I remembered that she's gone and the house is no longer ours.
Anyways, I miss you mummy.... (I better stop here before I start blubbering)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sure this must be a tough time every year. Just remember, I'm sure she must have been proud to have a daughter like you and I'm just as sure that she is touched by how you remember and love her.

{{{Hugs}}}

Em

nuhaafnan said...

that's a very nice pic of you and your late mom. al-fatehah

Minimalista Wannabe said...

"al-fatihah"....i'm sure she's proud of u where ever she is dear...

I miss my dad just as much ... even after 14 yrs..it feels like yesterday. I want to do the same at times. Pick up the phone and talk to him...but those days are gone.

life goes on.....and on..